6° of Aberration

Looking for my alter ego...I'm sure I left it someplace around here...

Name:
Location: California, United States

Friday, October 08, 2004

First Line Quiz—Kid Stuff

Naturally, what you want to know is: If Irving's first line was so terrific—if it's possible that "there was no better beginning to any story than the first sentence of The Mouse Crawling Between the Walls,"—then what other children's stories have memorable first lines?

Time then for another First Line Quiz. I threw in several lobs, so you should be able to get five correct without breaking a sweat.

  1. I am Sam.

  2. Kidnapping children is not a good idea.

  3. I went to sleep with gum in my mouth and now there’s gum in my hair and when I got out of bed this morning I tripped on the skateboard and by mistake I dropped my sweater in the sink while the water was running and I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

  4. There is no lake at Camp Green Lake.

  5. I am commanded to write an account of my days: I am bit by fleas and plagued by family.

  6. Now, the Star-Belly Sneetches had bellies with stars.

  7. The day she was born was the happiest day in her parents’ lives.

  8. At school they say I'm wired bad, or wired mad, or wired sad, or wired glad, depending on my mood and what teacher has ended up with me.

  9. That fool of a fairy Lucinda did not intend to lay a curse on me.

  10. Before Julius was born, Lilly was the best big sister in the world.

  11. It was a dark and stormy night.

  12. Tom woke up, but Tim did not.

  13. Not every thirteen-year-old girl is accused of murder, brought to trial, and found guilty.

  14. I never had a brain until Freak came along and let me borrow his for a while, and that's the truth, the whole truth.

  15. If you are interested in stories with happy endings, you would be better off reading some other book.

  16. Officer Buckle knew more safety tips than anyone else in Napville.

  17. The week before Mr. and Mrs. Anderson were to leave Tenderly, Ohio, for the somewhat more bustling metropolis of Paris, their baby-sitter, who had just returned from far-off climes herself; came down with a mild case of bubonic plague and called tearfully to say she didn't want to spread the buboes around.

  18. If you give a mouse a cookie, he’s going to ask for a glass of milk.

  19. The night Max wore his wolf suit and made mischief of one kind and another his mother called him “WILD THING!” and Max said, “I’LL EAT YOU UP!” so he was sent to bed without eating anything.

  20. They murdered him.
The books range from picture books to young adult (YA) novels. If you need a hint, ask the nearest four to fourteen-year-old.

14 Comments:

Anonymous erotic stories femdom blow jobs said...

I procede to lather up her cunt and then with my razor I start toshave her clean. he hissed, tightening his grip on her, till she sucked in air, threw back her head, and whimpered.
weird masturbation stories
stories taboo sex young stories free
milf incest stories
true xxx stories
teen sisters sex stories
I procede to lather up her cunt and then with my razor I start toshave her clean. he hissed, tightening his grip on her, till she sucked in air, threw back her head, and whimpered.

December 3, 2010 at 7:51 PM  
Anonymous Best last longer supplement said...

the blogs about the children, are those for which i am not found of... but cool stuff and well organized content...

August 30, 2011 at 5:28 AM  
Anonymous Erectile dysfunction pills said...

i like it even though its not for adults like us .but it is good to see such blogs .

September 2, 2011 at 10:50 AM  
Anonymous Maqui Berry Superfruit said...

Nice focus and very important discussion you have shared. I am thankful to you.

November 24, 2011 at 7:04 PM  
Anonymous Prosolution pills review said...

The day she was born was the happiest day in her parents’ lives.

November 28, 2011 at 4:00 AM  
Anonymous Best stop hair growth product said...

Kidnapping children is not a good idea..so it should be strictly prohibited.

December 7, 2011 at 10:39 AM  
Anonymous hcg buy online said...

The blogs about the children, are those for which i am found of. HCG Blue Drops, the Faster and Natural way to lose weight...

January 7, 2012 at 8:07 AM  
Anonymous Trichozed prevent hair loss pills said...

Quit funny way . But it works .

January 15, 2012 at 11:11 AM  
Anonymous Compare prevent premature ejaculation pills said...

The day she was born was the happiest day in her parents’ lives.

January 17, 2012 at 8:02 PM  
Anonymous Increase low sex drive in women said...

The grande mocha alone contains 400 calories (200 from fat), 22 fat grams and 33 grams of sugar.

January 30, 2012 at 8:25 PM  
Anonymous Recumbent exercise bike reviews said...

When i was child i liked to make quizzes now i like to make surveys

February 6, 2012 at 11:16 AM  
Anonymous Celebrity Gossip said...

I really like your quiz today and your entire blog i might say. Hope that more people will visit your blog in the future.

February 18, 2012 at 3:28 AM  
Anonymous Plaque attack for dogs said...

Very nice idea sir. I think i will inspire from you because i want to write a blog for my own in the next period.

February 21, 2012 at 12:01 PM  
Anonymous Compare prevent premature ejaculation pills said...

They come in all different shapes, like foods, letters and animalsand and so on.welcome to enjoy colorful silly bandz for free shipping.

February 25, 2012 at 3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home