6° of Aberration

Looking for my alter ego...I'm sure I left it someplace around here...

Name:
Location: California, United States

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

First Line Quiz—Kid Stuff: The Solution

OK, here are the answers to last Friday's quiz:

  1. I am Sam.
    --Dr. Seuss, Green Eggs and Ham

  2. Kidnapping children is not a good idea.
    --Eva Ibbotson, Island of the Aunts

  3. I went to sleep with gum in my mouth and now there’s gum in my hair and when I got out of bed this morning I tripped on the skateboard and by mistake I dropped my sweater in the sink while the water was running and I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.
    --Judith Viorst, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

  4. There is no lake at Camp Green Lake.
    --Louis Sachar, Holes

  5. I am commanded to write an account of my days: I am bit by fleas and plagued by family.
    --Karen Cushman, Catherine, Called Birdy

  6. Now, the Star-Belly Sneetches had bellies with stars.
    --Dr. Seuss, The Sneetches

  7. The day she was born was the happiest day in her parents’ lives.
    --Kevin Henkes, Chrysanthemum

  8. At school they say I'm wired bad, or wired mad, or wired sad, or wired glad, depending on my mood and what teacher has ended up with me.
    --Jack Gantos, Joey Pigza Swallowed the Key

  9. That fool of a fairy Lucinda did not intend to lay a curse on me.
    --Gail Carson Levine, Ella Enchanted

  10. Before Julius was born, Lilly was the best big sister in the world.
    --Kevin Henkes, Julius, the Baby of the World

  11. It was a dark and stormy night.
    --Madeleine L’Engle, A Wrinkle in Time

  12. Tom woke up, but Tim did not.
    --John Irving, A Sound Like Someone Trying Not to Make a Sound

  13. Not every thirteen-year-old girl is accused of murder, brought to trial, and found guilty.
    --Avi, The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle

  14. I never had a brain until Freak came along and let me borrow his for a while, and that's the truth, the whole truth.
    --Rodman Philbrick, Freak the Mighty

  15. If you are interested in stories with happy endings, you would be better off reading some other book.
    --Lemony Snicket, The Bad Beginning

  16. Officer Buckle knew more safety tips than anyone else in Napville.
    --Peggy Rathman, Officer Buckle and Gloria

  17. The week before Mr. and Mrs. Anderson were to leave Tenderly, Ohio, for the somewhat more bustling metropolis of Paris, their baby-sitter, who had just returned from far-off climes herself; came down with a mild case of bubonic plague and called tearfully to say she didn't want to spread the buboes around.
    --Polly Horvath, The Trolls

  18. If you give a mouse a cookie, he’s going to ask for a glass of milk.
    --Laura Joffe Numeroff, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie

  19. The night Max wore his wolf suit and made mischief of one kind and another his mother called him “WILD THING!” and Max said, “I’LL EAT YOU UP!” so he was sent to bed without eating anything.
    --Maurice Sendak, Where the Wild Things Are

  20. They murdered him.
    --Robert Cormier, The Chocolate War
Once again, we need a highly scientific scoring system:

    0-4:   You've never met a child.
    5-8:   You've read to a child.
  9-12:   You had the help of a child.
13-16:   You're a child at heart.
17-20:   You're a children's librarian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home