6° of Aberration

Looking for my alter ego...I'm sure I left it someplace around here...

Name:
Location: California, United States

Monday, November 15, 2004

Still Life with Pigeons

Justin's ongoing amusement with all things punderful has extended to the visual. We were driving past the car wash today when he announced from the back seat, "Warning: Pigeon Alert." It has been a running gag with the boys that the pigeons sit atop the street lights outside the car wash waiting deliberately to use pristine vehicles for target practice. But today, as Justin pointed out, they were not only on the light posts, they had gathered on one roof, that of a medical center. Several dozen pigeons perched between two tumbling figures bookending the words, "Active Life."

When I read that phrase to Justin, he burst into a fit of contagious giggles, his scrunched-up eyes filling with tears. "Are you kidding me?" he asked in apparent disbelief at the oxymoronic unlikelihood of the scene. "Why would pigeons that just like to sit around and sleep and poop sit on a building that says, 'Active Life?' "

He continued to giggle in delight, eager to share this absurdity with his mother, while I pondered the amazing little guy who daily blesses me with his sense of humor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home