6° of Aberration

Looking for my alter ego...I'm sure I left it someplace around here...

Name:
Location: California, United States

Thursday, December 02, 2004

You'll Find Out

I found it intriguing when, of all the topics I've written about, I received an anonymous comment about my (re)discovery of Ish Kabibble. I at first assumed that it must be a practical joke by a close friend, but the usual supsects have not owned up to it.

The reader mentioned watching "a movie with Ish Kabibble, Kay Kaiser, Bela Lugosi, Peter Lorre, and Boris Karloff." For a moment I thought the giveaway was the inclusion of the name Kay Kaiser, whom I momentarily mistook for Keyser Soze, who indeed was one of The Usual Suspects. That would certainly have pointed the finger at my brother, one of the unusual suspects and a fan of that movie. But Kay Kaiser, who the reader correctly identified, was the band leader of the orchestra that included the mop-topped cornet player, Ish Kabibble.

Serious movie trivia buffs would more likely have been suspicious, not of Kay Kaiser and Ish Kabibble, but of the group appearance by the three veteran stars of classic Hollywood horror movies, Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi, and Peter Lorre. It turns out that those three only appeared in one picture together, a forgettable 1940 horror comedy called You'll Find Out.

How's that for a clue?

It's unlikely, of course, that I'll discover that the identity of the reader is anyone I know. But having been led so directly to such an intriguing movie, I figured the least I can do is watch it. Easier said than done, as it turns out. Neither Blockbuster nor Netflix has it in their 25,000+ movie rental lists. (But if I can wait until 4:30 a.m. on December 17, I can catch it on the Turner Classic Movie channel—which is my duty as a blogger, don't you think?)

Hmmm. How did that reader just happen to have watched that movie and to have conveniently found my posting on Ish Kabibble?

As soon as I learn anything, you'll find out.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home